Saturday, February 21, 2015

Natalie: The Littlest Little

Today we celebrated 2 weeks of life for a precious girl, Natalie!  Here's a look at the last couple of weeks:


 BIRTH STORY (Trying to keep it PG, but be forewarned)

The last few days last week, Natalie seemed so comfy cozy inside me. I wasn't anticipating anything happening for another week or so. Friday night, we went to bed. I had mild back pain, which was nothing new, but nothing else. I had dreams throughout the night of power walking, squatting, and getting advice from people about how to get labor started, such as eating pineapple. Right about 3 a.m. I woke up to go to the bathroom--again, nothing out of the ordinary. But then I thought, "Hey, I think that might be a REAL contraction. I'll probably get a few and they'll go away like they did a few days ago." I went back to bed and as I was lying there, I felt another one. And another. I started timing them. 6-10 minutes apart and getting closer. I woke Zach up a little after 3:30 and had him help me time them. 3-5 minutes apart and lasting 30 seconds to a minute. I finally decided this was real at about 4 and called my mom to let her know. She got to our house to watch the girls and we left at about 4:40--I was in no HUGE rush to get to the hospital, thinking we had quite a bit more time left. We got there at 5 and the lady at the desk asked if we needed to rush back and have someone meet us there right away, or if we could wait until someone got back to Triage and then head back. I decided to wait and let Zach park and come back. From 5:00-5:10, I had at least 4 contractions. The lady at the desk told me that as soon as Zach got back, we needed to head in. We checked into Triage at 5:15, 5 cm and 90% effaced. I was "probably going to be admitted." I told Zach that if I wasn't, I'd like to punch someone. This. Was. Real. Thankfully, I was admitted and got to my room about 6. I was 9 cm and 100% effaced. I said I didn't think it was quite time yet, but was starting to feel some pressure. They called in Dr. Hutchison, who was already at the hospital, and she came over 6:15-6:20 am. They got the station all ready and we waited. We chatted in between contractions. She asked if I'd like her to break my waters, and I declined... unless of course she had somewhere else to be. I'd rather her break them and be there than miss it. HA. She said she was fine and we kept visiting. Finally, right about 7:20 or just before I knew it was time to push.


Natalie Grace Jones arrived on February 07, 2015 at 7:24 a.m.
7 lb. 8 oz. ~ 19"

She is healthy and beautiful and the girls absolutely LOVE her.

Although we have had a few nights of less comfortable sleep, and just plain less sleep, this girl is the best addition to our family that I could have received.  I mean just look at her a few more times.








Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment