Thursday, March 19, 2015

Prayer for My Son

We don't have any boys.  Only God knows if we'll have a biological son added to our family. But if I don't have any sons, why am I praying for them?  We pray each day for our daughters by name.  We pray that the Lord will guide each one in that path that He has for them. My husband and I hope and trust that one day each of our girls will be able to experience the wonderful gift of marriage with a young man of God. Those young men will become our sons.  Our parents prayed for our spouses and their families from the beginning.  We are doing the same.

Prayer for My Son

To my son who I have yet to meet,
I pray that the Lord will guide your feet;
that you will love Him who died for your Sin,
and trust in the Spirit for guidance within.

I pray that your parents show you the way
To grow in Grace from day to day.
I hope that they live and speak Gospel Truth
from the day you are born throughout all your youth.

May you grow in courage to stand for what's right.
May your love for God stay strong each day and night.
May you have integrity and may you be honest.
May you go through life giving only your best.

I pray that you live out Micah 6:8,
Each--justice, mercy, humility--is a good trait;
That God's Goodness is reflected to those around you,
And that your motives will be pure and true.

I pray that you have great self-discipline,
But that, realizing your nature, you know that you'll sin,
You'll turn to your Savior for forgiveness and grace,
And that you'll always again search for His face.

To the young man who has won my daughter's heart,
I pray that your love for her will never depart.
Know that when the two of you become one,
You'll join our family and become our son.




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great job...I am assuming you wrote the poem? Be sure to let our son (in law) know that we continue to pray the same for him and we love him much!

    ReplyDelete