Friday, April 12, 2013

Peanut Butter and Sunshine

I'm so pleased to be launching my blog!  Peanut Butter and Sunshine is a place for moms, food lovers, homemakers, and crafters to all gather to find inspiration.

Why "Peanut Butter and Sunshine"?

Peanut Butter:  I have 2 daughters.  My older daughter (17 months) is a bit of a picky eater.  One thing that I can USUALLY count on her eating is a peanut butter sandwich.  I can also count on her getting pretty messy and sticky at any and every meal.  Peanut butter is also messy and sticky.  Plus I just like it.

Sunshine: I live in sunny southern AZ!  I thoroughly love the sun and the warmth that permeates throughout my entire body in the middle of summer. Growing up I loved soaking up every ounce of sunshine that I could.  My 17 month old also LOVES being outside in the sun.  Sunshine makes life happier.  It helps turn a dreary and rough day into something so much brighter.  Metaphorically speaking, "sunshine" represents Christ in my life.




"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.  Al things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.  In him was life, and the life was the light of men.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
John 1: 1-5 





Please join me in the journey of raising our children, sticky fingers and all, in a Christ-like manner.  Let's make our houses homey by becoming better homemakers and by cooking good, wholesome food.  And let's have fun doing it, too!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment